Wednesday 4th September – 9st 4.5lbs
Woke up in the tent this morning to the most incredible sunrise over the lake. While my friend slept, I just sat in the silence and watched it. Stunning.
It was a long hike home and I was starving not having had any breakfast, although I did manage to pick a handful of blackberries to eat along the way.
- WORKOUT: HIKING (70mins; up and downhill)
- Small handful of wild blackberries
When I got in I was ravenous so I treated myself to an indulgent breakfast of Banana on toast with a philly and peanut butter dip. SO delicious.
- 1 slice of toast & 1 chopped banana with a mixture of 50g philadelphia light and 1tbsp peanut butter
Lunch was a repeat of yesterday since I still have plenty of fresh, homegrown veg to finish off. Just so simple and yet so tasty!! I was still feeling a bit hungry afterwards though so I also had a big bowl of plain yogurt with cereal and jam.
- Salad with aubergine & tomato grilled with lowcal cooking spray, feta, basil leaves, balsamic vinegar & 1tbsp oil and served with 2 slices of toast with mustard
- 250g plain, lowcal yogurt with 1/2 cup bran cereal and 1 heaped tsp of cherry jam
After a short nap in the afternoon (tents are not conduicive to a good night’s sleep!) I decided to tackle a workout so I had a go at level 2 of Jillian Michael’s 6 Week 6 Pack DVD. Now I don’t know if a lack of sleep and a long uphill walk this morning have left me feeling a bit lacking in energy but I reeeeeeeally struggled with this workout. It is very fast-paced and it works your arms and abs HARD. I was sweating like crazy right from the start and totally killed off by the end. Great workout!! 😀
- WORKOUT 2; JILLIAN MICHAELS 6 WEEK 6-PACK; LEVEL 2 (30 mins)
I grilled up another soya burger for dinner which I ate with stirfried veggies and feta cheese. Afterwards I ate another bowl of yogurt and cereal. I just feel so tired and weary today and it’s making me crave food. Should have gotten an early night but I promised my friend we would go down to the park this evening to watch a jazz band that are playing down by the lake. Yaaaawn!
- Soya burger with 2 carrots, 1/2 pepper & 1/2 a small zucchini stirfried with lowcal cooking spray. All topped with 30g feta cheese, mustard & chopped parsley
- 250g plain lowcal yogurt with 1/2 cup bran cereal and 1 heaped tsp cherry jam
The band at the park were really awful but there were plenty of people and it was pleasant out so it was a nice evening anyway. I drank 2 vodka tonics and an amaro and was home in bed by 12.30. 🙂
- 2 Double vodka & tonics
- 1 Amaro Montenegro
TOTAL CALS: approx. 2500