Thursday 5th September – 9st 6lbs
Serious lack of food in the house right now… really need to go shopping! I had some peanut butter and jam toast and coffee for breakfast and then settled down for a morning of blogging and catching up on emails.
- 2 slices of toast with 2tbsps peanut butter & 2 tsps cherry jam
- Black unsweetened coffee
. This morning I did a Turbo Jam workout; Ab Jam. It was surprisingly tough on the abs and I actually really enjoyed it. It’s a 20 minute DVD and it starts with 10 minutes of standing abs which is a little on the slow side although you can feel it working if you really concentrate on your intention in performing the moves. This is followed by 10 minutes mat work which is really intense and focused. I’m noticing this pattern with the Turbo Jam series that I like her strength work style much more than her aerobic-y approach to cardio. This was short, sharp and effective. Thumbs up.
- WORKOUT: TURBO JAM; AB JAM (20 mins)
Lunch was a simple bowl of basmati rice with curried veg. I’m just trying to scrape together what I can from my very bare fridge at the moment!!
- 1/2 cup (raw) basmati rice with 1 carrot, 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 red onion & 1/2 tomato stirfried in tandoori spices, balsamic vinegar, & fresh parsley
In the afternoon I went for a nice long walk through the mountains and along the lake. On the way I stopped off to pick up some stuff for dinner this evening and also for a cheeky ice cream in the sun. I found a gorgeous gelateria in Lenno that had walnut ice cream to die for!
- Small tub of walnut & raspberry gelato
- WORKOUT 2; HIKING (60mins flat/downhill, 30 mins very steep uphill)
I had a gorgeous dinner of spinach & ricotta cannelloni and veg followed by chocolate and vanilla mousse and fruit. And now it’s time for a shower and an early night because I am officially puckered!!!
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloni in bechamel sauce with carrot, 1/2 tomato & mushrooms topped with fresh chopped chillis and parsley
- Chocolate and vanilla mousse (120 cals)
- 2 chopped nectarines
TOTAL CALS: Approx. 1850