Friday July 26th
Breakfast this morning was porridge oats with milk and peanut butter, herbal tea, and a small sip of smoothie
– 1/2 cup of oats with 1/2 cup lactose free milk and 1tbsp peanut butter (285 cals)
– 60ml Naked Smoothie in ‘Carrot and Orange’ (30 cals)
My trial at LOA ended yesterday so today I started a 3-day trial at the local YMCA. Went down there this morning and it turned out to be a very well-equipped fitness center! I did a couple of classes, first a bootcamp style class followed by a strength and toning class. The bootcamp was fairly easygoing whilst the second hour of strength training was much tougher. I did stay on to do a latin dance class but got hideously bored about 15 mins in and slipped out. It was SO slow and repetitive… definitely one for the more elderly gym-goer.
– WORKOUT; YMCA; HOLLYWOOD FL
- BOOTCAMP (60 mins)
- WEIGHT TRAINING CLASS (60 mins)
After the gym I stopped off for frozen yogurt with fruit and a few dark chocolate sprinkles. Amazing!
– Fat free frozen yogurt with strawberries, mango and dark chocolate sprinkles (250 cals)
We went out to a Greek restaurant for lunch and had greek salad with some pitta bread and tzatziki and hummus dips. Seriously delicious!
– Greek salad with black olives, feta cheese and olive oil (450 cals)
– Pitta bread with hummus and tzatziki (300 cals)
In the afternoon I snacked on wasabi edamame beans and pretzels with goat’s cheese and later a few squares of chocolate.
– Wasabi edamame beans and pretzels with 2tbsps goat’s cheese (230 cals)
– Milk chocolate (100 cals)
This evening we went out to Fort Lauderdale for sushi. I had a huge plate of veggie sushi which came with a mixed salad with ginger dressing. I also had a glass of Saki. It was a LOT of food but it’s the weekend and it was a bit of a treat. Not to mention DELICIOUS!
– 1 glass saki
– Mixed salad with thai ginger dressing
– Mixed veggie sushi platter