Monday June 24th
Definitely over-indulged over the weekend… but what are weekends for? Time to get back on track though so I started the day with a healthy bowl of fruit and was religious about the use of sweetener in my coffees. Little steps 😉
– 2 nectarines and 1 kiwi
– Espresso with milk (full fat milk, 1 sweetener) & tiny chocolate
– Cappuccino (full fat milk, 2 sweeteners)
At breaktime I had a banana and a couple of little biscuits that one of the other teachers brought in for her birthday.
– Large banana
– 2 tiny shortbread biscuits
Lunch was and egg salad with crackers and fruit.
– Salad with 1 peach and 2 boiled eggs mashed with mustard, basil, sage and balsamic vinegar
– 2 large crackers (110 cals)
– 2 nectarines
On the way home I had a large bottle of iced tea to cool me down and then I had a large fruit salad at home pre-workout. (love that you can see my cat Dodger staring up at the fruit… he was waiting for his dinner 😉 )
– 500ml peach iced tea (140 cals)
– Watermelon, 2 peaches and cherries
Today’s workout was another Body Revolution circuit, this time number 9. Usually I like to mix up my dvd’s a little more but since I’m just getting back into training I’m sticking with what I know I enjoy and does the job! It was tough, very tough. I found myself having to switch to lighter weights than I’m used to. Need to keep at it to get my strength back. On the plus side, I did another Cardio 2 session on Saturday and found it MUCH easier this time around. So I’m doing something right I guess 🙂
– WORKOUT: JILLIAN MICHAELS BODY REVOLUTION; WORKOUT 9 (30 mins)
Dinner was my favourite… seafood!! I had salad with prawns and crab, stirfried vegetables, avocado and sweet and sour sauce. Followed by my other favourite… more watermelon 😉
– Crab, prawns and 1/2 avocado with salad and broccoli, onion and carrot stirfried in sweet and sour sauce.
– Watermelon, 2 nectarines and cherries